January 6, 2012

New Years Resolutions

Oh man, has it really been an entire year since I  wrote this?? Cray cray.

Last year I resolved to really and truly budget myself. It totally worked. Once I figured out a budget I was able to save enough to not work at all in the summer, and since I started making money again after the summer was over, I continued with the same budget, and I will definitely have plenty to play with next summer!

I also resolved to lose weight. Well, that's kind of funny. I totally did this too. And again, I've kept it off. Although recently I've been feeling a bit above normal, but I'm going to blame the holidays. What's funny about it is actually not that funny but really really annoying. I got weighed today at the doctor's office and I'm a robust uhm, well, let's just say that the scale at school is about five pounds off. FIVE WHOLE POUNDS. That's too many pounds in my opinion. So even though I've lost weight since last year, I'm really still kind of over weight sooooo.....

Finally I resolved to get a hobby. This is the one that didn't really work. Maybe exercising? I don't know. Luckily Tommy isn't sick of me yet. In fact he wants to spend the rest of his life with me! Mwhahahaahahahaha.

So onto this year's self promises.

  • Lose more weight. See above. I want to look smokin hot at the wedding. So after this marathon business I am going to tone up my arms and back (which, quite honestly they're not that bad so this shouldn't be too hard).
  • Write this ish at least once a week. I have really enjoyed this streak that I am on, so I'm going to try to make it last. It's fun looking back and seeing what I have done.
  • Cook more. This is a hard one. Tommy and I have such busy schedules, not to mention that they're not really schedules at all! We come home at different times depending on how busy one or both of us is. We sleep at different houses on a whim. It's hard to plan out meals. And sometimes after getting home at 7:30 or 8 after a full day of school PLUS a four mile run, all I want to do is drive through the local 24 hour Mexican and call it a night. But no more! I really love cooking. And I really love the results. I wish I could give myself a number (see second resolution), but I just know everything is too random right now, so I can't.

Well, I think I've wasted enough time for the day and I can finally email my boss and tell him I'm leaving! (he's at a retreat anyway...I'm not a bad employee! [It's winter vacation, I don't even have to be here {stop with the judgy eyes!!!!!}])

No comments:

Post a Comment