January 17, 2012

I'm here, life is great.

To expand on that idea: I just had probably the best weekend in Torrey that I have had in a long time, if not ever. The best. Hands down. A few people from the department came down, and while I wished I could have invited everyone, I couldn't. And the people that came were just great. They helped out when things needed to get done, they were enthusiastic about the plans for the day, and the conversation never stopped.

The weather was fucking gorgeous. Yes. Fucking gorgeous. We were in tee shirts and pants most hikes (IN JANUARY!!!!) because the sun was out and the sky was blue.




The dogs were amazing. Bandit is always amazing. Jude, Pat's new dog, is just as amazing. And they got along so. well.


My parents made us great dinner and kept the wine flowing. It was just great. So great. I can't get over how great this weekend was.

And while today wasn't the most productive day of my life, I still got stuff done. And the sky is cloudless and I have an amazing view of the mountains.

And we're all going to a Jazz game tonight which is always a rowdy good time.

And it's supposed to dump  this week, which means we'll actually get some skiing in.

Life is soooooo great right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment