September 24, 2009

Maybe it's all just one big conspiracy by [once again, ladies and gents] insurance companies

I've been on a Grey's Anatomy kick recently. Rewatching the first season before going to bed at night is a guilty pleasure I'm not terribly ashamed of (should I be? That's up for discussion....).

Without any second thought, I blindly accepted that nearly every patient needs an MRI in order to be saved. I knew they were expensive, but thanks to my love of Grey's Anatomy I accepted them as a necessary truth. 

That is, until I read this article in Slate.com outlining the outragousness that is the MRI industry and doctors (and insurance companies) pushing for pricy procedures.

Once again, the insurance companies are controlling everyone...even through Grey's Anatomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment