December 26, 2011

Happy happy holidays

I love this time of year.

Don't get me wrong, I don't start humming Christmas carols or anything, in fact, I hate Christmas carols. But I do love everything that winter break and Christmas has come to mean. I love giving gifts and spending lazy days with my family. I love seeing people I don't usually get to and eating a lot of really bad food. I love drinking a lot of wine and not worrying about a schedule. 

I love all those things, but I think I like the last one the most. I LOVE being on vacation. Even though I'm at school now, I don't have to be. And better yet, since school is officially closed today, I'm the only one in my office right now! YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH. I'm not obligated to be here, or do anything really. So the work that I do get done is just extra. I loved sleeping in today and not getting out of bed until 11 because I was gchatting with my cute cousin. I loved walking to school in the SUNSHINE (yes, the inversion is gone! [though slowly creeping back]). I love staring across the empty campus and turning the thermostat in our office waaaaaay up. I just love Christmas break. Almost more than summer break.

Weird, I know.

Don't get me wrong, I looooooooove summer break. Mostly the temperature of summer break. But winter break is a perfect reprieve from school. Over the summer I feel as though I have so much time, but then it flies by. In the winter, I know I only have a little bit so I do everything I can to make it awesome. I've seen a lot of people I love. I've spent a lot of time with my family. I am back on track with my marathon training (seven miles yesterday what what?). And now I am at school catching up on everything I need to. And I still have two more weeks!

The sad part is that this time next year I'll most likely be back to work because I have to be back to work. No more extended winter vacation for me. So I'm totally going to live this one up (even though everyone is gone.....including Tommy!)

I am just in the best mood and felt the need to share it with everyone. I hope you all had an excellent Christmas and/or Hanukkah and/or vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment