April 1, 2012

Recap

Well, I am pretty close to getting four posts in March. Oh well! Happy April anyway!

March was a great month, but it absolutely flew by. I mainly worked my tail off on my thesis, aaaaaand that's about it. Seriously, it seems that it's all that I've done. But I'm proud of myself for working so hard, even though it still seems like it's never going to end. I've already pushed back the date of my defense to "sometime in June", but that depends on my committee's individual schedules. And they're not giving me much information so far. Hmmmm...let the nagging begin!

April 1 not only designates the end of March, but the end of the first quarter of the year. So, I thought I'd re-examine my resolutions and see what I've done, and what I need to do!

  • Lost more weight: Ha. and HA. That's a laugh. I was doing so well during the fall because of all that marathon training, and then spring semester started up and I'm lucky if I work out once a week. And I really need to work out. I'm going to Hawaii in about a month and I must be beach ready by then. I hope to make it to the gym ~3 times a week from now on. Friday afternoons are spent hiking with my class, and Tommy and I try to do something (hike/bike/run) at least once a weekend. So if I can make it to the gym three times a week on top of those other two things, I should be in good shape (both literally and figuratively). 
  • Write this ish at least once a week: It's not been tooooo bad. Last month was a little slow. And when I did post it was short. But it's better than nothing! I think I can keep that up for another three months.
  • Cook more: I've been killing the shit out of this one. Unfortunately I never post about it, so you'll just have to take my word for it, but it's true! I've really started to become a better cook too! I just cannot wait until we have our own kitchen with our own nice things. It's really hard to plan for the week because we're constantly switching houses. But oh well. I'm still keeping on top of it and it's been fun.
Other than that, like I said things are going great. It's been sooooo nice out. Tommy and I went on our first long bike ride last weekend, and yesterday we took the dog up Millcreek Canyon for a hike. It's snowing right now, unfortunately, but that's why I'm at school! Getting stuff done!

Happy April to you all (yes, I know I already said that, but April 1 ALSO marks the beginning of my favorite season: Aprilmay. It's that time of year when the weather is absolutely perf. School is finishing up [though, I guess not really for me anymore since I'm no longer taking classes....]. Skies are blue. Birds are chirping. I just love Aprilmay!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment